- Please place your cell phone on quiet during group meetings.
- Confidentiality – anything that is said in the group stays in the group. NEVER share anything you have heard in class with anyone; anywhere.
- Group members will never be forced to talk, but you are encouraged to do so to facilitate healing.
- Group members agree to allow plenty of time for others to speak, be considerate, be accepting, share experiences and do not give advice. You may “pass” when it’s your turn to speak, but you will heal more if you share.
- Speak for YOURSELF only and do not cross talk; respect others’ opinions.DO NOT judge or correct others. Everyone is at a different place on his or her recovery journey.
- Group members understand that he or she is free to ask questions and to express feelings, thoughts, concerns, anger, fears and successes.
- Don’t compare your experience to others. Each participant’s situation is unique (like your thumbprint).
- Group members acknowledge and understand that the leaders of True Reflections are not college-degreed counselors, psychiatrists or psychologists.
- Group size will depend on attendance and number of leaders that are available. Please be flexible.
- Participate in your True Reflections work by coming to the group, using your binder materials at home, journaling and most of all, talking about eating disorder issues.
- Refrain from any discussion of weight, calories, diets or food plans.
- For your safety and others, we encourage you not to walk to your vehicles alone after group.
- Make a commitment to the process. Please ATTEND every session in the thirteen-week series.
- Group members understand that this is a biblical and Christ-centered eating disorder recovery program and that the healing process will be looked at through the lens of the Bible.
Release the Lies. Embrace Truth.
The truth will set you FREE!
John 8:32 (NIV)
A New Identity
Lay aside your old self. Be renewed by the Spirit in your mind. Put on your new self; created to be like God, in His image.
Adapted from Eph 4:22-24 (NIV)
What Is Your Identity?
True Reflections Testimonials
"They were wonderfully supportive and non-judgmental. I felt comfortable sharing."
"It has caused me to do a lot of self evaluation and grow closer to Jesus, strengthening my identity in Christ."
"This group made me stronger in my faith... even though I'm healed I think that it healed wounds that I didn't know I had."
"I liked connecting with women in a safe place."
"The eating disorder no longer has a hold on my life at all - I believe that I am wonderfully made!"
Browse posts by category
- Brokenness (6)
- Changed Lives (3)
- Class information (10)
- Connecting with Jesus (3)
- Contentment (3)
- Devotionals (2)
- Earthly Bodies (1)
- Emotions (4)
- Fat talk (1)
- Fear (2)
- God's Love (5)
- Healing (4)
- Hearing God's Voice (1)
- Holidays (2)
- Hope (1)
- Identity in Christ (3)
- Lent (2)
- Lies (1)
- Love/Hate to Eat Book Review (12)
- Loving Your Body (13)
- Obedience (1)
- Perfection (1)
- Right Thinking (3)
- Security (1)
- Seeking God (2)
- Shame (1)
- Songs (6)
- Talking to Your Daughter (1)
- Trials (6)
- Trust (2)
- Uncategorized (39)
- Womens Day 2010 (1)
- Worry (1)